Sunday, March 13, 2016

Lowe's Creative Ideas Magazine

Pin It Back in September, I was asked by Lowe's corporate office to participate in designing a bath project. The competition would be between myself and one other designer in the company.  If selected, my design would be featured in Lowe's Creative Ideas Magazine!

 I was given a very short client interview opportunity. Our call was limited, but he did have a few specific requests.  One suggestion was to have a classic style with black and white as the staple of the space, and the well known style of "Restoration Hardware" was also mentioned.  At the end of the call, he said one more important thing; "It must be unique".  This would be the first time since college, someone actually gave me complete freedom to be creative to my fullest extent, with very few limitations. I was ecstatic!

After all of the different phases of this project, I had spent at least forty hours getting this ready for the presentation.  We were on a very tight schedule in order to provide enough time for a design review, final revisions, product ordering, construction time, and finally- the photo shoot!  To my surprise, not only would the presentation be given to several of Lowe's corporate members of "In Home Selling", it would also be the marketing department of  Meredith magazines. Meredith magazines (More widely known as Better Homes and Garden, and Living Magazine). I was smitten, to say the least!

When I gave the presentation, there were a few modifications discussed, but not many.  I did put my personal love of nature into the design of this space, which went over quite well with the judges!  I did this to help soften the extremes of the black and white contrast, and to give a nice balance of warms and cools.

At the end of the day, my design was selected to be featured in the Creative Ideas Magazine.  I could not be happier with my career with Lowe's, and the many opportunities they have presented to me!  I am so proud that I work for such an amazing company.

Feel free to click the link below to the view the online version of the article.  Thank you for all your support!

http://www.lowes.com/creative-ideas/bed-and-bath/designer-bathroom-makeover/article





1 comment: